THE SOUL is shaped by words, images, & experiences.

THIS BLOG is about those things that have left their impression on me. I'd love for you to comment on what affects you.
_____________________________________________

Monday, April 23, 2007

Wonderful Words of Life

AN UNDERSTANDING HEART
Water from the spring of life, fresh every morning! Today I drank from 1 Kings chapter 3. This is the passage in scripture where God tells King Solomon to ask for whatever he wants. Imagine . . . anything. Solomon does not desire the usual--riches, honor, victory in battle, or a long life. He asks God for an understanding heart to judge his people-- "that I may discern between good and bad."

The world would certainly be a better place if our leaders humbled themselves before God and asked Him for wisdom. But as I meditated on 1 Kings 3, I got to thinking about myself. About ordinary people. We don't all rule nations, but we all deal with people. Whether they are family, friends, co-workers, or the strangers we meet in our daily lives, each of us needs an "understanding heart" to minister wisely in the realm God has entrusted to us.

King Solomon's request pleased God. And because it did, God gave him great wisdom (cf the book of Proverbs) and blessed him abundantly.

No comments: