THE SOUL is shaped by words, images, & experiences.

THIS BLOG is about those things that have left their impression on me. I'd love for you to comment on what affects you.
_____________________________________________

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Sea and Beyond





"Come. Let me refresh you."
In the midst of my activity
And from many miles away,
She urges me to her.
In the heat, she won't take no for an answer.
She is the brimming blue eye that becomes a living prism.

Sticky with sweat and the soot of the road,
I crave her cleansing arms.
Her peace.
I strip down, no longer mindful of what others may think.
Nothing shall come between us.
It is she and I alone.

Though she is not cold, her embrace shocks me.
So does her purity.
Can something so good be real?
I desire more of her
(And she of me)
And tread deeper into her bosom.
Elle.
Why is she still calling my name?

She wants all of me.
Head too.
I hesitate, afraid to break the surface,
Fearing the plunge into her very heart
Might cause me pain.

But I know it will be worthwhile.
I hold my breath,
Reach out my arms.
She takes over.

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" Romans 1:20

***

Photos taken at Porto Katsiki on Island of Lefkada in Greece. 2008. Top photo by Dorian Tsirozidis, poetry and other photos by L. Trecroce.

4 comments:

dot said...

…beautiful pictures, beautiful poem and the perfect verse—
gives my mind a mini-vacation, as I eat lunch in front of my computer.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful.
The photos and the poem.
Vasthi

Anonymous said...

What a way to refresh, Lydia. And I don't just mean the pictures.

Hugs,
Deb P.

Lori said...

Lovely poetry! It reminds me of diving into the heady joy of trusting God. (And it makes me want to find an ocean here in the middle of my land-locked world!) :)

My computer is being weird and won't let me see the pics, so I'll have to come back for those...