THE SOUL is shaped by words, images, & experiences.

THIS BLOG is about those things that have left their impression on me. I'd love for you to comment on what affects you.
_____________________________________________

Friday, March 13, 2009

A Friend in a High Place

"He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city. The lot is cast into the lap; but the whole disposing thereof is of the LORD." -Proverbs 16:32,33

Let me tell you about my lot and how the Lord neatly disposed of it. Remember the trouble I had, a few months ago, when I went to renew my residence permit? Remember how I grumbled because there seemed to be no way out of paying a hefty, hugely unfair fine? (I'm too ashamed to link you back to that post.) Yesterday, I picked up my new residence card and I ended up paying NOTHING. Not a cent! I don't know how the Lord worked things out, but He did. The town hall clerk, the one who'd previously shown no sympathy, handed me my card, smiled sweetly, and told me that was it. I couldn't believe my ears! But then, what's not to believe? With God, all things are possible.

This was one of the many lessons God has taught me about trusting in Him with all of my heart. Maybe one of these days, I'll wise up.
***

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5,6

photo: Cypress on Mt. Hymettus by L. Trecroce

No comments: