THE SOUL is shaped by words, images, & experiences.

THIS BLOG is about those things that have left their impression on me. I'd love for you to comment on what affects you.
_____________________________________________

Friday, April 27, 2007

Little Children

"I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in," King Soloman told God, before he asked for wisdom in 1 Kings 3:7. I read these words in my Bible today, and it impressed me how this King of a great nation admitted his helplessness before God.

Jesus Christ calls His disciples "little children" in John 13:33. His disciples were grown men who admitted their insufficiency, as Solomon did, and wholly trusted in Jesus for everything--including the eternal. Jesus' little child--I like being called that, especially at my age! I like being taken care of.

I am a needy kid!

But God . . .
. . . washes me. (Psalm 119:9)
. . . nourishes me and quenches my thirst. (John 6:35)
. . . clothes me with the very best. (Isaiah 61:10)
. . . gives me a good, safe, restful home. (Psalm 23)

What wonderful assurance!

No comments: