THE SOUL is shaped by words, images, & experiences.

THIS BLOG is about those things that have left their impression on me. I'd love for you to comment on what affects you.
_____________________________________________

Friday, May 4, 2007

Crimson Grass and Lemon Skies

Ever wonder what it would be like if the sky were not normally blue and foliage were a color other than green? The question evolved after I read some of the comments to the Ice, Please post, below. The discussion over soft drink preferences made me think of a book I read when I was a kid. I don't remember the title, but in the story, a boy wishes for the elements of his world to turn into sweet things. I can still visualize one of the illustrations: orange soda pop flows from the faucet of a tub as the boy attempts to take a bath. Before long, the little boy is sick of his sugary world and longs for clean, clear water.

Imagine how wearisome our earth would be if it were colored in acid tones. I'm not talking about coral sunsets and scarlet autumn leaves, the surprising accents of nature, I mean the usual hues of our vegetation and sky totally replaced by less refreshing ones. No more blue and green.

Crimson grass and lemon skies may make for unique works of art, children's especially, but having the real thing colored that way would nauseate me. Our Creator sure knew what He was doing when He designed the earth!

"And thou shalt rejoice in every good thing which the LORD thy God hath given unto thee." -Deuteronomy 26:11

No comments: